During the winter of 2017 significant flooding occurred so I created some useful content on the subject. My strength in wisdom offer is mostly with large scale fires, but I gathered and offered some wisdom to help with that situation.
In January 2017, California is broke records for snow pack accumulation for the past 50+ years. The 2018 winter is milder, with the notable exception of an intense period of rain in an otherwise parched region following the #ThomasFire.
Being prepared for potential flooding is important especially in January and February.
TipsFromSurvivors for You
- Current forecast and road conditions visit 511.org for the Bay Area and CalTrans for all of California. And here is the weather forecast link I use for Wunderground (one of the best),
- Checklist to prepare your home for potential flooding
- Divert water with correct use of sandbags
- Handle flooding of your foundation, road or yard
- Deal with neighbor’s trees threatening your home
- Handling difficult water damage insurance claims
- Clever ideas for stress free flooding!!!
- Detect, prevent and eliminate termites
Click this link to return to the main news article
No story is told if there is no lesson. Be informed. Choose wisely.